Sixth and seventh report of the CCG
Signatories include Yashwant Sinha, former member of the BJP and former Finance and Foreign Minister of India , Wajahat Habibullah, former National Chief Information Commissioner, Air Vice Marshall (R) Kapil Kak, Bharat Bhushan, Senior Journalist
1. Release forthwith all Kashmiris who were taken into preventive detention
under Public Safety Act (PSA) – whether they are politicians,
businessmen, academics, opinion makers or students – if they are not
accused of any crime. If there are specific cases against individuals and
they have been sent to jails outside the state, they should be brought back
and housed locally. It is a punishment for their family members to travel to
UP, Delhi, Rajasthan or Haryana to meet the prisoners.
2. Restore all internet and mobile phone connections in J&K. It is immoral to
impose a collective punishment on the entire population of a region.
3. Lift all curbs on all peaceful political activity and allow peaceful public
4. Lift all restriction on the movement of public and commercial vehicles on
the national highways to restore normal road communication links.
5. Alleviate the fears of the Kashmiris about their future by starting a multi-
level dialogue process with all those affected by the events following
6. Compensate Kashmiri farmers and businessmen for their economic losses
which were the direct result of unilateral action by the government.
7. Restore land rights to the local inhabitants and give up plans of
demographic change and last but the most important:-
8. Restore the statehood of J&K by reuniting the two union territories created
after August 5.
The whole report can be accessed here